You are here
Real Estate Development Associate
Growing Houston developer
Opportunity to work with senior
About Our Client
Growing Houston area Developer with deep ties to the local market - they care and take pride in their developments beyond your average developer. The business is in the midst of an exciting expansion and are growing their team to support increased deal activities.
Newly created position working directly with Head of Investments at this Houston-area Developer the Analyst/Associate will assist in the sourcing, underwriting and investment plan for new equity and development opportunities for the company. The Development Analyst/ Associate will be involved in sourcing deals, underwriting and structuring investments, performing due diligence and acting as a liaison with legal, financial, engineering and other third party advisors and consultants. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing funds, assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Conduct sub-market research, including the collection and analysis of numerous categories of market data
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Analyze and review leases, operating statements, development budgets, and third party due diligence reports.
- Update and complete various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree with 2-5 years of relevant real estate experience with a lender, top tier investment sales or preferably another development/acquisitions firm. Candidates should have outstanding Excel skills (ARGUS a plus) and ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
This is a small lean organization so it's imperative that the candidate has great attention to detail and not afraid to take initiative (sometimes with limited direction).
What's on Offer
Strong salary but with excellent upside for a top performer.