You are here
Regional Sales Manager - Account Management (Research)
- International market research company
- Looking for someone to manage and train a team of 6 Account Managers
About Our Client
The world is interconnected and complex. Understanding and simplifying it is difficult. That challenge is what inspires us.
Through 'Total Analysis,' our unique, reflexive approach linking macroeconomic, industry and financial market analysis, we help clients gain unparalleled insight across 24 industries and 200 global markets.
For more than 30 years, our forecasts, data and analyses have been used by multinationals, governments and financial institutions to guide critical strategic, tactical and investment decisions. Clients include a majority of Global Fortune 500 companies.
With offices in London, New York, Singapore and Pretoria.
- Oversee and drive sales activity and delivery through Account Directors, Snr Account Managers and Account Mangers, ensuring that the focus is always on retention, up-selling and cross selling.
- Engaging at C-Level with strategic clients and driving the Business Development team to ensure high usage among all of our new clients.
- Driving the sales teams, and leading by example to ensure the highest possible new business revenue targets.
- Ensuring that the teams are identifying relevant triallists and decision makers within target regions and verticals, maintaining focus and driving a strong customer engagement culture.
- Evaluating and signing off on high profile and big ticket sales with the Head of Sales and ensuring that commercial compliance and evaluation has taken place.
- Driving the Account Management Teams to produce weekly pipeline reports summarising the above processes, this will assist the business in trend analysis and help to target the right new business.
- Building strong relationships internally with Senior Management and Executive Leadership Teams.
- Adding value and maintaining a professional, highly motivated sales team who will deliver excellent results.
- Some travel will be required within the region.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrate broad and deep knowledge of client's strategy, research and products. Apply deep understanding of how vertical markets work, and use knowledge of news and current events to identify opportunities. Apply up-to-date knowledge of territory and industry sectors to create strategies, build plans and generate opportunities.
- Probe to gain a broad and deep understanding of key clients to develop new opportunities.
- Keep up to date with what's going on across the entire company.
- Build and implement strategies for the territory, new and existing clients.
- Think creatively to develop ways of leveraging the synergy between the needs of the company and the outside world to develop new opportunities.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities by examining gaps in coverage and leveraging leads from across the company. Create and monitor plans for the territory, targets and existing accounts. Network actively with influential people in the market and drive continually to meet new people.
- Initiate relationships and make positive personal connections, both face-to-face and by phone.
- Present convincingly in meetings and pitches, adapting style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Develop clear value propositions to persuade investors of the value of our products.
- Guide the development of persuasive proposals. Anticipate obstacles and challenges and plans for them. Negotiate new subscriptions with confidence, based on a good understanding of the business, the situation and the people involved. Do the right thing for clients and the team, and show good judgement of what's in the company and the stakeholders' best interests.
- Promote collaboration, both within the company New Business and Account Management teams, and the wider group.
- Communicate strategy and plans to the Business Development team and get their buy-in. Manage the Business Development team day-to-day through work allocation and delegation. Coach, mentor and support Business Development team to achieve their career goals.
- Build strong internal relationships and networks.
- Manage individual performance through objective setting, monitoring and review.
- Work in a way that's aligned with the Global Sales Strategy.
- Take the initiative in developing relationships and opportunities. Accept personal responsibility and accountability. Drive for success, with clear goals and priorities.
- Show persistence in developing relationships and opportunities.
- Adjust goals and priorities as circumstances change. Take own and others' personal development seriously.
- Use an entrepreneurial approach to developing new business.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive proven experience required in B2B, outbound phone based and client facing sales - (not retail) with proven ability to meet or exceed an annual net sales target.
- Deep understanding of and interest in factors influencing international business and world affairs, particular an understanding of economics/ financial/capital markets is essential.
- Strong and proven experience as a people manager, with the ability to drive, motivate and influence a team to deliver excellence by mentoring and coaching and leading by example.
- Focus on sales KPIs/metrics - looking to improve profitability and grow new business portfolio.
- Business builder, strong and proven commercial acumen with an ability to strategise, proven track record of building a new book of business.
- Proven experience in leveraging relationships and gaining trust internally and externally.
- Ability to build a team who works in an inclusive fashion, living the company's values.
- Proactive, motivated and assertive.
- Able to evangelise and negotiate with ease, leading by example.
- Languages desirable.
Professional / Technical Experience
- University graduate, preferably Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent sales experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, ideally SalesForce.com.
- Strong numeracy.
What's on Offer
Competive salary with comission.