You are here
Regional Sales Manager Midwest - Refractory (Remote)
People management opportunity to oversee Midwest sales territory growth & dev.
Indsutry leader with clear-cut vision and growth strategy
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leader in the resins, resin coated sands, and coatings sales to the refractory industry. With more than 15 years of business under their belt, they pride themselves on loyalty and commitment to the industry. As a whole, the company has a strong vision and strategic plan in place to achieve their goal of being a $1BN business by 2020.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing $50M+ of revenue within his/her region. This is accomplished by managing all sales activities within the respective region; including but not limited, direct technical sales representatives, sales agents, distributors and in certain circumstances his/her own accounts. The Regional Sales Manager is expected to provide guidance, structure and motivation for the sales team (3-8 direct reports). The Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for implementing any and all strategic marketing initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- In this case, the client is open to candidates with a strong value added, technical sales background. Sales professionals with people management experience in the coatings, chemicals, adhesives, automotive paint, plastic, or parallel industry will be considered.
- 8+ years industrial sales experience with at least 2 years of sales supervisory experience is preferred.
- B.A. Degree from a four-year college or university or combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond promptly to sales representatives, managers, clients, and customer needs.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Excellent problem solving skills preferred and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to adapt to changes in fast pace environment.
- Ability to mathematically compute rate, ratio, and percent in all units of measure, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experienced in use of computer equipment required, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills and proven sales experience.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary + 20% bonus
- Profit sharing
- 5% 401k match
- Strong benefits package.
- Car allowance with expense account