You are here
Regional Sales Manager - Texas/Gulf Coast Region
Take the next step in your Sales Career
Competitive salary, 401k, clear bonus structure potential
About Our Client
A technically inclined sales person who is capable of growing annual sales to meet strategic plan objectives.
- Grow annual sales to meet the company goals and fulfill the strategic plans.
- Promote and support sales activity in the Texas and Gulf Coast region.
- Quickly become effectively educated in the assigned target market, products and industries.
- Bring added value to the process from one's own energy and ambition for success.
- Management of existing sales channels within the assigned region to encompass establishment of sales strategies and supervising corrective action measures as may be required.
- Travel as required to support the business including training, end user sales calls, engineering contractor sales calls, OEM sales calls and distributor sales calls.
- At least 50% travel.
- Provide technical product training as required for all reps and distributors
- Provide data book / policy training as required with the sales channels.
- Conduct sales calls with Reps and Distributors in the assigned region to support their efforts in growing sales in the assigned region.
- Evaluate and suggest new market and existing market opportunities for sales growth in the assigned region.
- Collect and report information relating to changes in the market place in the assigned region.
- Maintain quarterly updates on Reps and Distributors.
- Make recommendations relating to potential changes in representation and market segmentation as required to meet all financial regional objectives.
- Collaborate with application engineering's quotations and order fulfillment process.
- Establish all bookings targets by market, by customer and by product annually.
- Specification influence - clarify & establish client's products, reps and roles and expectations, and develop a sales plan to support.
- Evaluate existing Channel Partner companies including new potential entities to expand into adjacent markets and industries.
- Track and forecast project activity monthly - updating the CRM.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of five (5) years of documentable successful sales growth for metering pumps and related process equipment in the Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, Chemical, Power, Industrial, Municipal and similar markets.
- Successful career history that includes selling to end users through manufacturer's reps and independent distributors.
- Verifiable knowledge of process technology and systems in the targeted industries.
- Knowledge of sales techniques to be successful in working with specifying engineers and EPCs.
- Documentable new customer penetration success.
- Maintain key contacts with major energy companies, chemical companies, OEMs and EPCs as well as knowledge of primary competitors.
- Accomplished sales to the target customer base within the assigned region.
- Personal and current book of customers who trust and respect this individual.
- Knows the territory, currently lives within the region.
- Sold metering pumps and related equipment and systems (distributor, manufacturer, or rep) recently.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably a BS degree in Engineering: open to Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering degrees.
- High self-responsibility, self-confidence and self-managed nature.
- Aptitude and inclination to be well planned; working from the defined goal back to the plans.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, full benefits: including medical, dental, vision, including 401k, life and disability insurance.