You are here
Regional Sales Manager
Global leader in the refractory space
Exciting opportunity to leverage existing knowledge and grow your career
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in the metal flow engineering space and provide a full range of services and solutions to its customers around the world. The two primarily industries services are steel and foundry. They have more than 10,000 employees and 90+ worldwide sales offices to support a true global company.
This position is responsible for leading and supporting customer facing activities in the Sales Region. The day-to-day objective is to carry out direct and indirect commercial activities, so as to maintain and grow the profitable sales of the multiple product lines. These objectives will be achieved in accordance with the agreed to business plans and as requested by the Commercial Director. The strategy will be to seek solutions for customers that generate optimal value, for that customer.
The RSM will be responsible for 5 direct reports and 2 indirect.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and allocate resources required within the region.
- Ensure that the Business Model is followed and that the entire team is progressing along the lines of a "Continuous Improvement" philosophy.
- Participate in Projects in the region as required to ensure their complete and quick success.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization's presence throughout NAFTA.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and assisting the team to success through motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of the sales team to accomplish specific objectives.
- Implement and provide continuous coaching and feedback for specific performance targets that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and ensuring accountability for reaching goals.
- Personally observe the performance of the sales team in the field on a regular basis and provide regular customer visits to ensure service expectations are being met.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales team in that they possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company's products in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales meetings.
- Support MFG, R&D, and Customer Service to the extent required. This will include but not exclusive to, providing leadership, physical resources, help in prioritization and project management.
- Be the "key" contact for the region and manage the operational performance by streamlining processes wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment with industry leading customer relationship management.
The Successful Applicant
- BS required preferably Materials Science or Metallurgy. A degree in a related engineering discipline will be considered.
- Ten plus year's experience with steel making, industrial ceramics, refractory installation or construction is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of all Flow Control product lines and knowledge on cross-divisional product lines where Flow Control is requested to provide support.
- Strong reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Proven sales, negotiation and persuasiveness skills required.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with various levels including executive.
- Technical problem solving skills.
- Reasonable computer skills (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Basic mechanical skills to allow for the service of associated refractory application equipment.
- Proven capabilities in developing accurate forecasts, achieving sales goals, contract negotiations, relationship building and account management.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects within a specified time frame.
- Ability to develop and manage customer relationships at multiple levels within the customer including plant manager to hourly employees.
- Ability to manage internal communications with commercial, technical and customer service teams.
- Ability to recognize and act on continuous improvement opportunities.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary
- Bonus plans
- Car budget for company car of your choice
- Strong benefit package
- Relocation costs