You are here
Regulatory Accounting Manager - Portland, ME
Based in Portland, ME
About Our Client
My client is a diversified energy and utility company with operations across the US. They employ around 10,000 employees nationally.
Reporting directly into the Chief Accounting Officer, this position is responsible for overseeing the regulatory accounting activities for the firm. This highly technical position has responsibility for evaluating, analyzing and generating transactions of a specialized nature requiring knowledge of financial relationships and accounting principles and practices, including those required by US GAAP, IFRS, FERC and the SEC. Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Evaluates, analyzes, and approves complex accounting transactions of a regulatory nature requiring knowledge of financial relationships, accounting principles and practice including US GAAP, Income Tax as well as International Standards (IFRS).
- Supervise the accounting for regulatory assets and liabilities and electric and gas commodity, transmission and distribution revenue transactions. Assists with and/or monitors rate proceedings at the state and federal level.
- Designs, implements, executes and monitors control mechanisms designed to ensure that specified accounting conventions are executed in conformance with management designs and Commission orders.
- Provides supervisory and technical direction in the design of detailed and complex accounting conventions used to comply with Commission Orders at the state and federal level, including communications with VP Regulatory Strategy and OpCo Controllers to document the underlying intent of the filings and orders.
- Provides supervisory, technical direction and oversight of department staff members performing the calculation of regulatory accounting transactions including the preparation of reports and exhibits used in rate setting.
- Recommends, implements, and communicates including written summaries of the accounting impacts of commission decisions and maintains controls and procedures to ensure efficient and accurate completion of regulatory accounting requirements.
- Develops and designs, reviews and approves internal managerial activity reports, fluctuation reports, budget development and external commission reports based on regulatory accounting activities as required.
Apply online today for consideration within 24 hours and should your resume be suitable, you can expect to hear from us promptly.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a generous and competitive remuneration package, you will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree (ideally in an accounting related field) with 6+ years experience
- CPA (ideal but not essential)
- Supervisory/ management experience (ideal but not essential)
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP and the energy/ utilities sector and industry
- Regulatory reporting experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- 10% bonus
- Downtown Portland location