You are here
Regulatory Operations Production Reporting -Reg Sho/Blue Sheets
Market Leading International Investment Banking
Rapidly Growing Regulatory Operations Production Reporting Team
About Our Client
Market Leading International Investment Bank
What is the opportunity?
Regulatory Operations is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and complete reporting to various exchanges, self-regulatory organizations as well as regulators.
The role sits within the Production Reporting Team and is responsible for analyzing and implementing regulations and rules; implementing control and risk management improvements, supporting regulatory change initiatives; re-engineering of reporting processes; remediation of any issues identified; and researching and responding to regulatory inquiries and exams. This role will be specifically focused on Electronic Blue Sheets, including the day-to-day reporting and automation of the workflow. The role works closely with several areas of the firm to support the above functions, including various businesses, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and Technology.
What will you do?
- Produce and/or validate for accuracy daily, weekly or monthly regulatory reports including: Electronic Blue Sheets, Reg Sho, Large Trader, Short Interest, Futures Position Limit Monitoring (and others)
- Investigate, resolve exceptions & track metrics related Electronic Blue Sheets (and others).
- Assist with the automation of the manual Blue Sheets workflow
- Coordinate the remediation of reporting anomalies (raise JIRAs, document requirements, create test scripts, and perform checkout etc.)
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Manage regulatory change initiatives across the trade lifecycle
- Producing accurate, succinct and tailored presentations for a range of stakeholders highlighting material external developments and anticipated internal impact.
- Develop global partnerships across Technology, Operations, and other functions in order to help implement initiatives
- Proactively assist the business, operations, compliance, and technology in understanding the impact of business and regulatory change initiatives on regulatory reporting
- Review and analyze new business, rule changes or system changes that impact reporting processes and perform testing.
- Document business requirements outlining required changes to reporting processes as a result of new business activity, new or amended regulations, system changes, etc.
- Participate in / contribute to industry discussions on regulatory policy developments through attendance at meetings of / review of papers from, market associations
- Perform random sample testing of regulatory reporting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Develop and implement controls to ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of reporting, and resolve any exceptions identified
- Support and respond to regulatory inquiries and exams
- Maintain a strong focus on streamlining processes by identifying and implementing automation opportunities
- Document policies and procedures as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 3 - 5 years experience in financial services
- At least 1.5 year of experience with regulatory reporting or related support function preferred
- Experience with Electronic Bluesheets preferred but other regulatory reporting tool will accepted
- Knowledge of the Equities market
- Experience with some of the following reporting and monitoring: Short Interest, Reg Sho, Futures Position Limit Monitoring, LOPR, Large Trader, Volcker Customer Facing Trade Ratio, OATS
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience speaking directly with regulators is preferred
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and document requirements for automated solutions
- Experience working with complex financial product / functions
- Experience in control implementation, process improvements, project management, and/or change management preferred
What's on Offer
Comprehensive Compensation Package;
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Package