You are here
- Insurance Firm
- New York, NY
About Our Client
Insurance Firm in Branchville, NJ
- Prepares and reviews monthly account analysis, reconciliation and statements to be sent externally to reinsurers and other state governing agencies.
- Creates monthly statements and billing if applicable to be sent to reinsurers.
- Processes reinsurer premium payments and true-up analysis.
- Completes Ceded Known loss analysis and IBNR statements.
- Prepares analysis for Data Calls, Actuarial Dept, and External Audit Companies.
- Establishes, interprets and analyzes complex accounting records of financial statements.
- Records journal entries and adjustments on a monthly basis.
- Assists with preparation of financial reporting (internally and externally).
- Prepares analytical review of financial statements during closing process.
- Handles field questions concerning financial results and works with the reinsurers.
- Reconciles ledger accounts and has ability to trouble shoot differences.
- Ensures integrity of financial statements.
The Successful Applicant
- Exposure to accounting systems
- Knowledge of GAAP and SSAP
- MS office applications, especially Excel
- Excellent evaluation skills
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- Three to five years of financial accounting experience
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and full benefits