You are here
Restaurant Group Controller/Chief Accountant
- Exciting and Expanding Food & Beverage Company
- Unique fast casual restaurant group
About Our Client
Xi'an Famous Foods began as a 200 square foot basement stall in the Golden Shopping Mall in Flushing, N.Y. The original location, established in late 2005, was the first restaurant to bring the little-known cuisine of Xi'an to the United States, with signature hand-ripped noodles, secret spice mixes, and Xi'an "burgers" with housemade flatbread. Since then, we've expanded to six locations in Manhattan, two in Brooklyn and two in Queens in total. As a family-owned business, we hope to reintroduce the world to the unique cuisine of our hometown in China: liangpi "cold skin" noodles, lamb pao mo soup, and wide hand-pulled "biang biang" noodles, all in its most authentic form.
Our unique fast-casual restaurant group is highly-regarded by foodies such as Bobby Flay, Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern, and our business has been featured in national media: from Zagat and The Food Network to Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times, just to name a few.
- Perform managerial accounting duties including but not limited to maintaining organized internal financial records of sales, expenditures, etc.
- Coordinate with CPA on tax and other reporting needs
- Monitoring and identifying potential ways for improving financial performance of company
- Provide sales and cost analyses for CEO
- Prepare monthly budgeting and forecasting reports for CEO
- Routine internal audit of processes, such as payroll processing
- Assist other departments on general tasks as necessary
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- Financial Analysis/Financial Management/Accounting experience: 4+ years
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word), QuickBooks Pro 2016+
- Strong communication skills
- Initiative taker
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin), a plus
What's on Offer
- Start with us, get big with us! We are working to open more locations, and can't wait to promote our best people internally! You are in direct contact with the CEO and management team on a first name basis at all times, and have the opportunity to be reviewed every half year.
- We offer affordable and comprehensive health insurance for employees ...after just 60 days of being part of our company!
- For the Free Gym Membership! Not only do we want you to be happy here, we want you to look and feel great, too!
- We make our schedules based around your life. For office employees, we typically honor all requests for work schedule and are flexible.
- We take care of our employees. Get a free meal and drink with every shift, as well as 25% employee discount at all of our restaurants.