You are here
Retail Development Manager/Associate
- Lead Development position with a retail focused developer
- Opportunity to work on 10+ projects in any year.
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned development firm whose main objective is simple: delivering world class projects on time and on budget. By managing each project like their own - and it is, as they always have an equity stake - they ensure high quality work for some of the leading retailers in the US. The firm has a blend of projects but has a strong pipeline in the retail sector across the US with a particularly strong presence in TX.
Newly created Real Estate Development Manager/Associate will perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for development opportunities across diverse portfolio of retail asset projects. The Real Estate Development Manager/Associate will perform property level strategic planning, quarterly and annual budgeting and reforecasts, and provide oversight of third-party operating partners and leasing teams. The incumbent will act as the "lead" for their assigned region. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing funds, assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on retail assets
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Prepare and manage permitting process
- Hire and manage design professionals and consultants
- Lead project entitlement process from acquisition through project permitting
- Provide conceptual and pre-construction estimating for all aspects of development
- Manage procurement of project permits and approvals
- Regulate on-site inspections of progress & quality
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters/MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of relevant retail real estate development experience
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
- Knowledge of the retail/mixed-use retail space highly preferred.
What's on Offer
Strong base salary commensurate with experience, c.$90,000 for Associate level, and $100,000+ for Manager level.