You are here
Great opportunity to grow within a stable organisation
Flexible hours, competitive salry, excellent work life ballance
About Our Client
$1 billion company providing high technology products and services.
With nearly 200 branches and major regional distribution centers and over 35 years in the business, we are one of North America's largest industrial distributors. We provide a wide range of products and systems related to bearings, mechanical and electrical power transmission, automation & control, material handling, and fluid power for the MRO and OEM markets.
- Interprets safety regulations, creates and maintains safety plans and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Trains employees, performs inspections, and coaches employees regarding safety and compliance in order to improve program effectiveness.
- Coordinates safety committee. Develops and maintains awareness of safety programs and the value of zero injuries.
- Coordinates safety programs with departments, Corporate EHS, the insurance carrier and medical groups.
- Develops improvements to processes and procedures to reduce incidents and their costs. Develops measurements regarding the Safety Program and provides reports to management.
- Provides support for environmental compliance.
- Supervises and manages assigned safety personnel within the division.
The Successful Applicant
►Analytical Thinking ►Customer Focus ►PC Skills (Excel, Project Manager; Power Point)
►Attention to Detail ►Initiative ►Problem Solving
►Blueprint Reading ►Organization ►Project Management
►Communication ► Training ►Writing, documentation
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS degree in Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering or Health & Safety
- 5 - 8 years manufacturing experience with an emphasis on OSHA compliance. Aerospace industry experience in a mechanical, chemical and composite environment and experience with behavior-based safety methodology / industrial hygiene are preferred.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to grow within a sable organization.