You are here
Sales and Marketing Director
- Fortune 500 Global Manufacturer
- Growth and Development VP/GM Role
About Our Client
Our client for the Director Sales and Marketing opportunity is a global manufacturer and Fortune 500 organization operating in over 50 countries. This opportunity is with a growing $160 million business unit for Industrial Safety Equipment.
The Director Sales and Marketing will lead 3 primary functions including Product Portfolio Management, Channel Marketing, and the Development of Commercial Marketing Programs. This person will oversee 2 direct reports and a total team of 10 people, and lead all growth strategies and initiatives including organic growth, margin improvement, and acquisitions. The Director Sales and Marketing will also work closely with adjacent divisional leaders to maximize growth opportunities. We seeking a strong diverse sales and product management/development type of candidate that can be molded into a GM/VP within 3-5 years. The Director Sales and Marketing must be located in Wisconsin, or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance provided.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager and Product Management team to help fill the gaps to implement and executive a strong strategic marketing and development strategy
- Conduct high level market research and VOC analysis
- Coach, develop, and guide Business Development Manager to drive high level growth
- Understand product portfolio and market for market segmentation
- Work with operations, engineering, accounting, and other cross functional teams
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related)
- At least 7-10 years of a proven sales track record within technical manufacturing sales
- 5 years of sales management experience, with product management/product development experience preferred
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- Strong channel management experience
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills driving and growing a sales force
- Track record in developing and executing strategic sales and business plans
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $125,000 - $150,000, bonus 20% of base salary, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, PTO, and a part of the executive leadership team, and opportunity to grow into a GM/VP role.