You are here
Sales Development Director - Automotive
High-level individual contributor with opportunity to build out a team
Seeking sale/business development professionals with Tier 1 automotive experienc
About Our Client
Our client is an experienced custom manufacturer of filtration products and components within the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial Filtration Segments. This company produces a wide variety of products that are customized to their top-tier customers' needs. As this position sits within their automotive division, they will only be calling on new and existing automotive customers, primarily within Tier 1 and Tier 2.
The Sales Development Director will be responsible for the following:
- Perform all financial analyses to determine costing and quoting utilizing company development tools.
- Act as a liaison between automotive customers and all levels of the organization from Customer Service to Quality Management to resolve complaints or issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage all potential customer accounts through consistent communication and contact by informing them of product development activities and other key factors during the vetting process.
- Manage and assist with automotive budget forecasting.
- Discover and investigate new business opportunities.
- Maintain good relationships with existing customers through regular phone contact, e-mail and customer visits.
- Accountable for individual sales number achievements.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants for the Sales Development Director role should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 6-8 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally in a Sales capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus.
- Experience forecasting and budgeting sales
- General working knowledge of PPAP's, 8D's, AIAG Standards, ISO 9001 and TS 16949 quality standards.
- Ability to travel 20-30% within Mexico and Canada, requiring NAFTA travel, with potential for international travel
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- $650 a month auto allowance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 401 K Plan
- Relocation package available if applicable