You are here
Sales Engineer- Food, Beverage & Water (Work from Home)
Extremely established $3.5B publicly-traded industrial manufacturer.
Strong brand recognition. Newly created role due to significant growth.
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded $3.5B global manufacturer of highly engineered solutions including coatings, industrial solutions, offshore, construction, sealants, bearings, seals and more. With over 100 years of experience and success providing customized solutions for clients, they continue to have a passion for innovation and growth. This division provides sealing solutions such as O-Rings, hydraulic seals, rotary seals, bearings, gaskets, and more to industries such as aerospace, automotive, chemical processing, food and beverage, water, marine, and more.
The Sales Engineer is a hunter role and will focus on the Food, Beverage, Water/ Waste water segments. This individual is responsible for generating profitable territory sales growth by leveraging the company's capabilities and resources in order to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations with the goal of ultimately becoming a customer business consultant.
There is flexibility to work from a home office anywhere in the Midwest near a major airport. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, will all be considered.
- Develop new business opportunities with current accounts and new accounts within assigned territory
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Execute and drive new strategic growth initiatives and sales growth within specific water and food and beverage markets
- Work with Sales Manager and GM to develop and build a sales strategy to achieve sales targets with key accounts
- Promote standard and custom engineered solutions to meet customers' needs best
- Work internally with technical engineering resources and conduct joint sales visits utilizing internal resources
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and sales conditions that meet commercial standards of company
- Monitor and track all sales activity in CRM
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Sales Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's Degree is a Must. Engineering Degree preferred.
- 1-5 years of proven sales experience selling to OEMs and End Users
- Strong aggressive personality with the ability to grow sales with a hunter mentality
- Consultative sales mentality and experience solving problems for customers
- Knowledge of seals, bearings, plastics, rubbers, gaskets is a plus
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, margin calculations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and ability to work independently from a Home Office
- Willing and able to travel 50% within the Midwest territory
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, company car, phone, home internet reimbursed, company credit card, computer, 401K, full benefits.