You are here
Sales Manager - Automotive
$1.8B Manufacturer of Motors for the Automotive Industry
Opportunity to Join a Growing Company that has Doubled its Revenue Recently
About Our Client
Our client is a $1.8B leading manufacturer of motors for the automotive industry. Their products are used in applications for drivetrain, powertrain, power transmission. Total organization revenue is close to $3B and the five automotive business units make up over half of the company revenues.
After doubling their business in recent months our client is looking to hire on a Senior Sales Manager for their Engine Transmission Manager (ETM) division; dealing with motors on the engine, driveline, and transmission. The Senior Sales Manager will be tasked with maintaining a $25-50M territory and building new customer relationships amongst Tier 1 customers.
This individual must identify and develop value-added profitable sales opportunities by negotiating beyond price, creatively promoting the client's solutions, and securing effective contracts/agreements.
- Execute product sales strategies and plans via internal collaboration and customer relationship management
- Build relationships with customers and obtain information on their market trends, value points, and satisfaction of the client's services
- Spend time at customer sites developing relationships with various levels and disciplines
- Apply financial analysis for difficult business choice/projects and prepare various options considering short and long-term effects
- Translate Voice of the Customer (VOC) input into the client's technology road maps, engineering changes, and/or new productizing efforts
- Establish Discovery Driven Planning (DDP) process inputs (program, volume detail) and manage/track changes throughout the year
- Coordinate Salesforce.com and Plant Sales Forecast and Actuals data for accurate planning and effective decision-making
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Engineering - Must have
- 5+ years in sales or business development of automotive electro-mechanical devices
- Experience with automotive powertrain systems
- Good business negotiation and presentation skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary; Bonus; Car Allowance; Company Credit Card; Benefits; 401K