You are here
Sales Manager - IT Managed Services
Responsible for new business development into Financial Services industry
Track record in selling Information Technology and Managed Services
About Our Client
Financial Cloud and trusted technology partner to the financial services industry for over 20 years. They support the IT needs of businesses including hedge funds, private equity funds, fund of funds, private wealth management, and investment management firms. They offer a full range of technology solutions supported by our industry-leading service. Whether clients require on-site or cloud-based solutions, telephony or data systems, fully-managed IT or targeted project consulting, they have the expertise to meet the vast industry-specific needs of their clients. They are headquartered in New York City with operations in New York, Connecticut, Boston, and London.
Bringing together the combined resources of a seasoned executive team, over 175 carefully-selected technicians and a trusted group of partner companies, they deliver scalable, reliable and secure technology infrastructure to our clients. Over 520 firms rely on them to provide enterprise-grade technology solutions and support to keep their businesses running smooth
Their ideal candidate will be a strategic, execution-oriented sales professional with 5+ years outside sales experience and a proven track record selling Information Technology and Managed Services in a Consultative sales environment. He/She will drive sales and manage new business development initiatives, continuously striving to understand clients' overall business requirements and technology needs, industry trends, competition and best practices.
As Sales Manager you will meet/exceed quotas and be responsible for developing acquisition strategies which result in a strong client pipeline and increased market share, while promoting the companies brand as a client- centric, full-service technology provider.
- Target decision makers including VP and C-level professionals, within the Financial Service Industry (Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Fund to Funds, Trading & Brokerage)
- Proactively identify and engage potential Clients utilizing various sales methods including cold calling, email, trade shows, and social media
- Gain a clear understanding of Clients' overall business and IT strategies; effectively communicate to the design team to develop solution-based roadmaps addressing client needs
- Develop Client-specific strategies to identify and address Client's needs, while staying abreast of new opportunities to align Client's future requirements with the companies product set.
- Liaison with all relevant business units to secure resources required to complete task/s on time and on budget; work with marketing initiatives by providing relevant Client feedback.
- Plan and lead sales presentations, effectively demonstrating the companies ability to provide value-added solutions-based strategies; clearly articulate the companies ability to resolve Client issues; demonstrate positive ROI of investment/s when necessary
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Collaborate across departmental lines to promote outstanding Client serve
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions including price, payment terms and deliverables
- Maintain Client database entering all relevant information on a daily basis including new sales opportunities; maintain competitor profiles
- Prepare and monitor various metrics including quarterly sales projects and market statistics
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience in an outside Sales role, in a consultative, solution-based environment
- Demonstrable track record of successfully selling technology solutions
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure Technology; knowledge of Alternative Asset Markets preferred
- Excellent active listening skills and able to ask relevant questions in order to gather, document and communicate effectively with Clients and internal project stakeholders
- Able to work on simultaneous projects and completing tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Strong business, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong cold calling ability and excellent follow through; Hunter mentality
- Ability to persuade and passionately communicate with excellent public speaking skills.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals including VP and C-Level professionals in a clear and concise manner
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Financial Service Industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with commission structure.