You are here
Sales Manager- Midwest
Great growth opportunity while managing an existing Midwest territory
Growing manufacturer investing in US sales and production
About Our Client
Our client focuses on the Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE) markets. It's that simple!
They are a global company investing greatly in US Sales and Production. They pride themselves on high quality TPE products, unbeatable customer service, short lead times, and some of the very best technical support in the market. To learn more about our client, please apply directly.
- Identify strategic OEM and processor accounts.
- Along with the product development team, effectively screen and validate potential business growth opportunities.
- Implement existing and new product, pricing and market strategies.
- Prospect for new business within the assigned region via lead generation and regular customer visits.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts and technical delivery agreements.
- Manage all aspects of product pricing, sampling and order fulfillment within the defined region.
- Understand key players, applications, requirements, market trends and unmet needs. Become an industry and product expert.
- Identify and establish linkage between design firms, processors and OEMs to coordinate new business development programs. Communicate directly and regularly with customer support personnel and international colleagues where needed on global projects.
- Establish individual performance standards, assignments and objectives - measure and provide feedback.
- Communicate regularly and broadly to appropriate colleagues, departments and management.
- Become involved in local industry trade associations.
The Successful Applicant
- College degree or equivalent based on prior work experience within the plastics industry. Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of plastics industry experience, preferably within the TPE sector, or with a major manufacturer.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills along with strong commercial sales, business acumen, price negotiation and presentation capabilities.
- Experience with key account management and strategic planning tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools. SAP experience a plus.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary based on experience ($80,000-$100,000).
- Uncapped commission plan.
- Profit sharing
- Car allowance and company card for all travel expenses.
- Strong benefits package
- International travel required