You are here
Sales Market Manager - Automotive Transportation
Global specialist of custom compounds
Seeking a Sales Market Manager for the transportation market
About Our Client
The Market Manager - Automotive and Transportation opportunity is with a global manufacturer of highly engineered high performance plastics, polymers and resins serving customers in industries such as Automotive, Appliance, Electronics, Electric, Industrial, Medical and more. These products and materials are high end and high performance taking the place of traditional metal applications and products. This company is privately held and been around for 100 years and has 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, 2 in China, and 2 in Europe.
- Find out customer's future and current technical needs and provide value-added solutions. The solutions will include support for new product/application and trouble shooting and molding trial.
- Lead new developing programs by providing technical intelligence for TPE applications
- Maintain and enhance existing business relationship through and develop new business with OEMs and Tier customers
- Contribute to the Technical Solution process which consists of Initial technical promotion, finding and understanding customer needs, registration of the products and support for approval and certification at customer.
- Develops in conjunction with the Marketing Department, customer targets and their applications for development.
- Reviews efforts, measuring and monitoring progress at accounts, balancing time and resources spent versus potential to be obtained in sales dollars.
- Communicate with Technical solution network for technical investigations and research, to request technical certification documents and share technical development status of global key customers.
- Organize technical seminar to the customer
- Work with design, production and quality assurance teams of the customer
- Work with distribution company to support their sales activities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred (Chemical, Chemistry, Materials Science, Plastics, Polymers)
- Strong knowledge of polymers, plastics, resins, TPE ideal
- 5-15 years of proven sales experience within automotive and transportation
- Nimble and strong ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong hands on mechanical skills and understanding of plastic processing equipment and concepts
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal, and ability to lead a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills and outside the box thinker
- Willing and able to travel 50%
What's on Offer
Strong base salary, bonus, company car, credit card, computer, phone, home based office, 401K match, excellent benefits, life insurance, 3 weeks' vacation, tuition reimbursement.