You are here
Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Senior Manager
Rapidly Growingg Privately Held Food Manufacturing Company
Excellent Career Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing privately held food manufacturing company.
The Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Senior Manager will have overall responsibility to lead the supply chain planning department. The S&OP Senior Manager will have the following day to day responsibilities:
- Establish and and execute the S&OP processes for the entire company.
- Lead S&OP management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
- Manage the department. Hire and grow your team. Develop team members. Enforce the very highest ethical standards. Drive performance.
- Partner with marketing and sales to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Optimize and align the supply chain to meet operating plans and strategic objectives. Drive actions to increase profitability.
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data and develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for varying time horizons.
- Analyze factors that impact demand (i.e., category trends, seasonality).
- Monitor trends in forecast error and make adjustments to future forecasts.
- Work with Marketing and New Product Development to develop new product launch and promotional demand plans.
- Coordinate with the procurement and strategic sourcing department to resolve quality issues with suppliers.
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management. Flag root causes & corrective actions.
- Ensure resolution of invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
- Manage the inbound logistics function which includes our team of drivers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics or related field
- 7+ years of experience in Demand Planning or another Supply Chain Management discipline with at least two of those years working for a first class manufacturer.
- Manufacturing experience in high mix/high volume environment preferred.
- Must have experience in a supply chain leadership role with significant responsibility.
- Strong background and understanding of the following:
- Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (S&OP);
- Tactical Procurement (Buying);
- Inventory Optimization
- APICS (CPIM) certification desirable.
- Super analytical skills with a high proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive Compensation Package to include:
- Base Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Vacation & Holidays