You are here
SEC Reporting Manager (VP) - Finanical Services
- Boston based
- CPA required
About Our Client
The SEC Reporting team leads the preparation of the Company's annual and quarterly filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as period 8-K filings. The SEC Reporting team interacts with individuals across the firm, including Finance, Legal and the business. This role provides a great transition into a corporate role from public accounting for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
My client is currently seeking a Vice President of SEC Reporting. The SEC Reporting team leads the preparation of the Company's annual and quarterly filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as period 8-K filings. The SEC Reporting team interacts with individuals across th firm, including Finance, Legal and the business. This role provides a great transition into a corporate role from public accounting for someone looking to take the next step in their career. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide SEC accounting, reporting and Xtensible Business Reporting Language, or XBRL, expertise to support the firm's SEC reporting function; assist both the VP, Manager, SEC Reporting and SVP, Director of Accounting Policy, SEC Reporting & Regulatory Compliance with the accurate and timely filing of all applicable SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, as well as other filings as needed
- Ability to build relationships and work, in a collaborative environment, with Investor Relations, internal legal counsel, Corporate Marketing, Regulatory Reporting, Global Accounting, independent auditors and other parties
- Provide supervisory oversight of more junior staff, including performance evaluation, financial and other training, preparation and review of work papers that document publicly-disclosed financial information
- Understand significant accounting transactions and promulgations and be able to communicate them in financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Controllers' function globally, including many sites outside the United States
- Participate in various groups to share common information and influence accounting standards setters, such as COBAR, the AICPA, the SEC Professionals Group or state accounting committees
- Be a key source of support within the group to ensure sustained career growth and staff development; support a collaborative environment that recognizes individual skill sets, fosters cross-functional initiatives and addresses developmental needs
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities.
Apply today for immediate consderation!
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can help in developing and managing relationships across the firm and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA desired
- CPA (non-negotiable)
- Proven track record of advancement, managerial and business success, with a minimum of 6-8 years' overall experience, preferably at a large financial services company, including a minimum of 3 years' experience in public accounting
- Subject matter expertise in accounting and finance with strong technical knowledge of financial services industry accounting and reporting
- Direct experience with SEC reporting and XBRL preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Complex problem resolution and general management expertise.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance plan
- Dental and vision coverage
- Short and long-term disability frameworks
- Well-being benefits focused on physical, emotional and financial health
- 401K plan
- Vacation policy
- Support for continuing education
- Lega assistance plan
- Auto and home insurance discount program
- Pet insurance.