You are here
SEF Client Support & Execution Specialist
Market Leading Broker Dealer
Rapidly Expanding SEF Client Support & Execution Team
About Our Client
Market Leading Broker Dealer
Overview of Role
As part of the US Wall Street reform bill of 2009, all swap transactions are required to be reported to regulatory bodies (DTCC, NFA and CFTC) via a SEF (Swap Execution Facility). The SEF is responsible to feed real-time and end-of-day trade information to regulatory entities mentioned above.
Our client is currently in the process of creating a SEF to support its current and future product set. As part of the SEF creation a SEF Client Support Specialist is needed to provide knowledgeable front-line support to users (internal and external). The SEF Client Support Specialist's primary role would be to serve in monitoring of the marketplace along with any escalations of trade and/or technology issues reported by one of the regulatory entities (DTCC, NFA and CFTC).
The SEF Client Support Specialist would have a dual reporting line into the Chief Compliance Officer of the SEF and the Head of Market Support. Working with the CCO, the SEF Client Support Specialist would interact with the regulatory entities outlined above. This includes any queries/concerns/issues from those regulatory entities.
In other responsibilities the SEF Client Support Specialist would interact with internal and external trade support, business and IT support personnel, as well as providing second-line support (including in-depth trade analysis) to customers and internal stakeholders.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage incoming calls and emails, and provide knowledgeable and timely responses to customer queries.
- Documentation of pertinent correspondence
- Escalation of issues to stakeholders
- Liaison with regulatory service provider.
- Review daily exception reports and respond to alerts from regulatory service provider.
- Review and approve SEF participants.
- Review and approve as necessary system initiatives and enhancement related any SEF functionality.
- Remediate non-compliance issues including writing or rewriting procedures, new testing protocols and closing of non-compliance issues
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team structure
- Demonstrated problem solving capability with the ability to work in a confident and timely manner to evaluate and resolve issues
- A keen awareness of organizational structure, so when escalation is required, escalation points are known and understood
- Work well under pressure and clearly state problems and solutions in times of crisis
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge of the financial markets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Technologically savvy and have a high aptitude for learning
- Display a strong motivation to work within the financial markets as part of an industry leader in our space
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- Prior experience in a client-facing role with a proven record of achievement
- A working and practical knowledge of SwapsWire and SDR Reporting is strongly preferred
- A basic knowledge of TRACE Reporting mechanics a plus
What's on Offer
Comprehensive Compensation Package:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Package