You are here
Senior Accountant - Asset Management
- Boston based
- Boutiquq Asset Management firm
About Our Client
My client is a multinational asset management firm with operations across the globe. They have over $ 150 billion AUM.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and reporting activities for one affiliate in the asset management business, in addition to two other of the firm's entities. This role will be responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, analysis of budget vs. actual results, management fee billing, and responding to ad hoc requests from affiliates and others within the Finance department. This role will also assist with the preparation of various accounting reconciliations and schedules for the consolidated close. An experienced accountant with strong financial analytical skills who is a willing learner, and challenge themselves is required. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Completion of day-to-day accounting activities, as well as the monthly and quarterly close for entities who outsource this work to the central finance function. Responsible for collation of key reports, reconciliations and other schedules supporting the monthly close.
- Collation of key reports, reconciliations and other schedules (including intercompany, eliminations, minority interest, seed capital, etc.) supporting consolidated results for review by the Assistant Controller on a monthly basis.
- Analytical review of monthly financials vs. forecast/budget and operational data submissions for one affiliate and two entities (London and Hong Kong).
- Responsible for ad-hoc accounting requests and interaction with affiliate contacts, internal/external auditors, other Head Office departments.
- Responsible for compliance with internal control framework.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Bachelors degree
- CPA ideal
- Experience in the asset management accounting environment
- Accounting background with general ledger experience
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with JDE ideal, but not required
- Strong and consistent work ethic, comfortable in a deliverables and deadline focused environment, and has a proven track record of working effectively in a team
- Ambitious and career focused.
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 - $ 95,000 base salary plus performance related bonus.
- Competitive benefits program
- Company perks
- Boston's Back Bay location