You are here
Senior Accountant Associate - Management Company
Growing Asset Management Firm Seeks Senior Accounting Associate - Corporate
Urgent Hire - Senior Accounting Role - Competitive Compensation Package
About Our Client
Our client has established itself as a leader in the financial services market. With numerous offices in the U.S. and internationally, our client has expanded headcount to over 750 employees globally. Known for it's innovative product services and investment strategies, our client is certainly heading towards a positive direction.
Located right in downtown Stamford, CT, our client has a beautiful office and a friendly culture. Led by experienced senior management, our client has a strong reputation and brand recognition.
In this role, the Corporate Controller/Accounting Manager will cover a wide array of accounting and finance responsibilities. Overall, the department is responsible for the financial management, oversight, and control processes for the firm, both domestically and internationally.
On a day-to-day basis, the Corporate Controller/Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Support month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process
- Ownership of balance sheet and income statement accounts for multiple entities
- Responsible for reconciliations including bank, general ledger, credit card, inter-company and investment reconciliations
- Providing financial executive support to CFO, Head of Finance, and Head of Accounting including presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reviews
- Communicate with, and manage, the international vendor relationships
- Cash flow management and short-term forecasting
- Manage and implement a wide range of tax and/or audit strategies, based on candidate's background
- Additional ad hoc work
- Train and mentor junior staff
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, outgoing, and sociable skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have touched on the "whole ball of wax" throughout their career in the accounting space. This is a hands-on role which requires professionals to strive for new successes, exceed expectations, and drive the team into the future. Also, the Corporate Controller/Accounting Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting (CPA a large plus)
- 6+ years of corporate/management accounting experience
- Familiarity with general accounting principles, including exposure to audits and process improvement policies
- Ability to multi-task, manage small teams, and handle vendor relations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
What's on Offer
Wonderful opportunity to join a dynamic, growing, and fun team in the financial services industry. In addition to a good work/life balance, strong compensation package and benefits, and challenging work, this opportunity is top notch for senior accounting professionals.