You are here
Senior Accountant - Biopharmaceuticals
Report directly to the Assistant Controller and Head of Global Consolidations
Public Accounting backgrounds are highly desired
About Our Client
Our Client is a Publicly Traded Biopharmaceutical company that was initially established in the United Kingdom. This company has a global presence and is focused on helping people with rare diseases and other conditions. With a focus on Immunology, Neuroscience, Gastrointestinal, Oncology, and Internal Medicine, this company has a presence in 100 countries and continues to grow.
- Contribute to the month end consolidation close process in key areas including:
- Managing questions and providing HFM and other ERP support to local accounting teams
- Reviewing source financial data submitted by Shire's global entities and monitoring the overall status of the month end close as it progresses
- Preparation and/or review of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Preparing and/or analyzing consolidated US GAAP financial statements including the statement of cash flows
- Performing analysis on consolidated results and providing explanations for large or unusual variances.
- Provide support for key Corporate Controller's Group deliverables including the Earnings Release, 10-Q/K, UK Annual Report and CFO pack.
- Ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance within designated areas of responsibility by managing processes and ensuring all documented controls are observed per our internal controls process flows.
- Taking on ad hoc and project work
- taking the lead on sub-projects when Corporate Controller's Group representation is needed
- preparing ad hoc analysis for special requests of management and providing training within areas of expertise to key stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- BA / BS Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred as well as a background in public accounting. Experience working in a consolidation environment is required if candidate has no public accounting experience.
- Previous experience working in a global consolidation system such as Hyperion Senior Accountant (HFM) is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience required.
- Strong background and understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline focused, small, committed team environment and the successful candidate will bring creativity, enthusiasm and energy to the table
- Ensure high standards of accuracy and consistency of data, attention to detail and completeness in work output
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with peers as well as management throughout the Company. Building relationships will be a key success factor for this position.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and to deal effectively with a constantly changing environment including having the ability to effectively identify issues and resolving accordingly.
- Must be able to manage balance of tasks and work independently when needed
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a package that includes the following, but is not limited to:
- Work Life Balance
- 401k Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Great Career Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please apply below for consideration within 72 hours.