You are here
Senior Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Global investment bank
Fantastic Corporate Accounting role
About Our Client
This is a Global Investment Bank with a leading reputation, centrally located in Midtown, New York City.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of Corporate Accounting team which includes: reviewing fixed assets, mass additions, posting journal entries, cash and banking account reconciliations, allocations, P&L and balance sheet analytics;
- Prepare, review and reconcile monthly accruals and prepayment allocations across multiple operating functions;
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis(FP&A) group
- Review and provide the proper GL accounting code on vendor invoices billed on company's facilities;
- Perform various banking functions which include uploading checks and void checks, reviewing positive pay exceptions and releasing payments.
- Coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors, compliance, legal and the tax group to provide documentation for quarterly and annual auditing requests.
- Prepare management reports and assist in preparing supporting schedules for 10-Qs, 10-K and requested documents for FINRA and CFTC requirements/fillings
The Successful Applicant
- 4-5 years Corporate Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Well organized, detailed, analytical individual
- Through understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and problem solving and PC Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word etc.)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base and benefits package working for a leading Financial Services Firm.