You are here
Senior Accountant at an exciting start-up
Tech start-up in the heart of NYC
Recognized as one of America's fastest growing companies
About Our Client
Growing start-up in New York offering an exceptional opportunity with competitive benefits.Creative, casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare schedules and reports for management and external service providers
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Support financial reporting and planning teams, as necessary
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls and can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Blackline
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and start-up perks.