You are here
Senior Accountant - Food & Beverage
Rapdily growing F&B organization looking for an accountant to join team
Must have full cycle accounting knowledge, CPG background prefered
About Our Client
Founded in 2005, we make clean and simple low sugar products under the official brand name. Our very first product was a strained yogurt,made from skim milk so it is thick and creamy, high in protein and low in sugar.
We use ancient traditions with milk from local family farms in New York state counties. Our farmers do not use growth hormones like rBST. All products are natural and do not contain any artificial sweeteners.
- Oversee the daily operations of accounting department
- Monitor and analyze department performance to develop more efficient procedures and use of internal resources
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Work closely with Controller to maintain audit compliant environment
- Advise AR & AP analysts regarding the processing of nonstandard reporting transactions
- Assist the controller in daily banking requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions
- Routinely update departmental policies in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, budgeting and analysis
- Contribute to department and organization special projects
- Perform data analysis as needed
The Successful Applicant
ollege degree and authorization to work in the U.S. is required. A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting is a plus. Must have ability to manage multiple projects in the fast changing environment of a rapidly growing business. Proficient MS Excel skills and QuickBooks. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics products preferred.
What's on Offer
Compensation commensurate with experience plus health benefits, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. The position is based out of our New York City office.