You are here
Senior Accountant - Independent Ad Agency
Advertising Industry Experience Preferred
About Our Client
A rapidly growing independent advertising agency.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting packages, including P&L, balance sheet and associated schedules, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information in accordance with company and network policies.
- Take leading role in monthly close process including preparing journal entries, manage reporting and analysis of P&L accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation workbooks upon completion of reporting packages.
- Oversee and monitor all entries to the general ledger.
- Review and approve all AP invoices and employee expense reports.
- Assist in development and implementation of new and efficient procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls to ensure accounting process reflects best practices and meets regulatory requirements.
- Assist Corporate Finance department with audits and Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Assist in ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree; Accounting major highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum five years of general accounting experience, with advertising / marketing or cost accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced accounting knowledge and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities, able to multi-task while processing journals and reporting for multiple business units.
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a strong team player.
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- PeopleSoft knowledge helpful, but not required.
What's on Offer
- Great benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Free snacks
- Frequently catered lunches
- Work from home benefits