You are here
Senior Accountant - Investment Management Firm
Investment Management firm in West LA looking to hire immediately!
Market leader with over 26B AUM
About Our Client
My client is a 20B Investment Management Firm located in West Los Angeles. This firm is incredibly well-established and is a highly recognized brand. Their specialization is in niche investments, and managing assets for institutional investors, high net worth individuals, and retail clients. Average tenure within Accounting and Finance is 5+ years, with high potential for growth and development through internal promotions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Prepare and/or review journal entries to ensure accuracy
- Perform month-end close responsibilities including preparation of journal entries, prepare account reconciliations and conduct account analyses
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist in review monthly consolidation process for business units
- Provide assistance to the external auditors for their annual and quarterly reviews including preparation of various schedules and information requests
- Maintain documentation of Corporate Processes and SOX controls as needed
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2-5 years accounting experience required
- Big 4/Public Accounting firm experience preferred
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of accounting controls and processes, including SOX
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Highly detail-oriented and able to meet important deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
What's on Offer
Compensation commensurate upon experience.