You are here
Senior Accountant - Manufacturing
Opportunity to develop as a Senior Accountant in an established company
Chance to develop specific accounting skillset for manufacturing industry
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's most established manufacturers for a large of well known cosmetic and skincare brands. Having been established for over 40 years, they are also affiliated with a number of sister companies with various operations nationwide. They seek to provide a stable platform for employees to grow their careers.
The successful application will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with Operations on solutions and cost savings including assisting with cost savings reporting and prepare monthly reports of variances, efficiencies and recap of major issues by customer and product.
- Manage the monthly closing process ensuring proper GL accounts are affected.
- Review department cost summaries and discuss variances to budget with department managers.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns and annual property tax and LA city tax return
- Review and investigate received not invoiced on inventory and non-inventory items.
- Request statements from vendors and reconcile.
- Prepare schedules, key data and files needed for annual budget process.
- Work with Department managers to assist in budget preparation.
- Maintain balance sheet account analysis and prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly sales reports.
- Review construction in process and maintain fixed asset files.
- Perform ad hoc assingments as requested
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should possess most, if not all of the below attributes:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Business or other related disciplines
- Have 4+years of experience in accounting within the manufacturing industry
- Able to use Excel at an advanced level
- Comfortable learning new concepts and working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline oriented and able to function in a fast paced environment
What's on Offer
Salary offered between 80000 - 100000 with additional benefits.