You are here
Senior Accountant - Manufacturing
Work Directly with a Team of Big 4 CPA's
Great Career Growth and Trajectory within the team
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Manufacturer of water quality solutions for residential, corporate, industrial and commercial settings. This publicly traded company has a global presence and is highly involved in working with non-profits to ensure the availability of safe water across the globe. If you are interested in working for a highly successful and morally driven company, this company could be a great place for you. The team consists of all Big 4 CPA's and is a great environment for public accountants to expand their careers.
The Senior Accountant - Manufacturing will be responsible for the following, but won't be limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial close of the general ledger, monthly forecasting and budgeting for the Corporate headquarters entity
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations for the corporate general ledger.
- Manage key corporate accounts including debt and accruals such as legal, health insurance, outside services.
- Track performance against budget and forecasts and explain variances
- Responsible for calculating the stock based compensation expense globally, for multiple types of awards, and maintaining intercompany allocations. Will use Equity Edge (E*TRADE) to run multiple types of reports and calculations. Responsible for calculating accrued dividends globally.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating multiple Corporate allocations to intercompany counterparties
- Prepare multiple quarterly reports used in the analysis for external reporting including EPS
- Assist in preparation quarterly earnings release and related supporting schedules
- Assist in preparing 10-Q and 10-K documents and disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial filings with the SEC. Work with executive management, legal and accounting teams in drafting and review of language for various sections of the filings.
- Prepare detailed supporting documentation to establish proper audit trails for all SEC disclosures and provide audit documentation to the external auditors
- Review XBRL for filings and assist in ongoing maintenance of XBRL compliance
- Assist in technical accounting projects under the direction of the Manager of Financial Reporting including the treatment of accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards and compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC, and PCAOB regulations.
- Help manage the audit process conducted by external auditors.
- Prepare various ad hoc, technical accounting analysis, schedules and projects.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Accountant - Manufacturing candidate should have a background that encompasses the following:
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Accounting; CPA designation preferred
- Candidates with experience working for ANY Public Accounting firm will be considered as long as they have passed all 4 parts of their CPA exam.
- Previous General Ledger experience preferred
- Industry experience with SEC reporting experience preferred
Software and Skills:
- Strong Excel skills including: vlookup, sumifs, pivot tables, ability to effectively manipulate and organize large amounts of data.
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task and re-arrange priorities as needed, monitor workflow in meeting critical deadline and project timetables.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High Level of analytic and quantitative skills
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization
- Excellent system and computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and major ERP systems preferred
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be flexible and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive an offer that will include the following. Beyond these benefits, the company has other perks and incentives for incoming employees.
- 401K Match plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Great Benefit program
- 10% Bonus with potential to double
- Work for a conscientious company that has an ethical directive
- Flexible work life balance
- Strong PTO package and Holidays
- Work with a team of Accountants coming from Big 4 Public Accounting
- Direct exposure and access to company leadership
- Career Growth
Successful applicants should apply below for consideration within 72 hours.