You are here
Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting - Life Sciences
Company Culture promoting internal promotion and employee development
International Publicly Traded Life Sciences Company located in 6 Continents
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded life sciences firm is a global medical technology leader. They operate in over 50 countries across the world. This company specializes in Medical Devices for an array of medical treatments and procedures.
The Senior Accountant - Financial Accounting - Life Sciences position will be tasked to work across the global organization. This will give this candidate the ability to understand business drivers and opportunities/ risks to help identify accounting implications and impact to the company as a whole. In addition, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Assess and implement process improvements
- Maintain accurate accounting of results
- Apply technical accounting research to business transactions within areas of HR and Legal
- Lead multiple work streams for the Topic 842 implementation project (new leasing terms)
- Accounting close activities - journal entries and account reconciliations in a well-controlled environment for stock compensation, global bonus, litigation-related reserves and WASO
- Forecast estimates for FP&A
- Work closely with SEC Reporting for the SEC Forms 10Q and 10K
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant for the Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting - Life Sciences must have roughly 3 to 6 years of accounting experience. In addition, a CPA or CPA candidate is preferred, but a Masters Degree is also a plus. Prior experience in a Big 4 or large public accounting firm preferred. Beyond these qualifications, this candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- SAP and Hyperion is a plus.
- Desire to engage, lead and work in cross-functional teams (Autonomous and consultative)
- Ability to interpret and apply technical accounting research and conclude on accounting treatment
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once
What's on Offer
The Senior Accountant - Revenue Recognition and Capital Accounting will receive an offer that offers the following.
- $ 75,000 - $ 85,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Work/ life balance arrangements (summer hours and flexible work arrangements)
- 6% 401K match with immediate vesting
- On-site gym
- Subsidized Education
- Free transportation from various Boston locations
The Successful Applicant should apply below for consideration within 48 hours.