You are here
Start-up Business Service company looking for a superstar!
Unlimited career growth!
About Our Client
Our client is a start-up within the Business Services space, located in Flatiron - New York City.
As the Senior Accountant the role will require the preparation of various financial reports, month end close functions, account reconciliations, compliance and controls for the company Distributor rebate programs that includes complex worksheets and journal entries.
- Liaison to financial contact with Distributor organization to verify and resolve issues related to data files provided.
- Reviews and documents process flows for all Revenue and Rebate streams/programs. Designs effective controls over rebate program process flows to ensure proper authorizations are in place and accuracy of data.
- Administers Distributor Rebate program including running reports, validating, analyzing and submitting for payment to meet monthly time lines.
- Analyzes large volume of data (multiple lines of data and dependencies).
- Serves as liaison between IT and Revenue Recognition group regarding changes to automated rebate system (ADSS). Manipulates, tests, and implements changes in automated rebate system (ADSS).
- Coordinates internal audit reviews of Distributor Rebate program.
- Actively participate in ad hoc projects, system upgrades (ADSS) and ad hoc analyses as needed by Controller Revenue and Rebate.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge of current US GAAP especially relating to revenue recognition
- ERP Implementation especially Oracle and/or BAANStrong analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Process oriented, highly organized and attention to details.
- Independent, able to manage time efficiently and manage projects
- Advanced knowledge of Process Flows, Controls and integration between disparate systems
- Advanced level proficiency with Excel, especially large data manipulation, including v-lookups and pivot tables
- Ability to analyze accounts, identify issues, resolve differences, and recommend process improvements
- Detail oriented
What's on Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- Unlimited career growth
- Benefits including health and dental