You are here
Senior Accountant Role in a established retailer of high-end fashion products
Working alongside an exciting and collaborative team
About Our Client
Established 28 years ago, with industry leading status and an ever growing presence across North America.
Circa $450mm revenue organization, with 2 U.S. offices and plans to expand further in the next 3 years. The Senior Accountant shall report to the Controller and CFO.
Offices based just a 5 minute walk from the Lexington Avenue 59th St. N/Q Subway station.
- Assist in providing strong leadership and coordination in all the financial-related activities of the company, the employee will have primary day-to-day responsibility for:
- Work with the Controller to manage corporate / statutory & fiscal matters
- Prepare quarterly and year-end financial statements, financial forecasting, and budgeting
- Responsible for inventory management for US operations, internal control compliance for US operations and strategic planning
- Responsible for dealing with external consultants (auditors, fiscal advisor, lawyers)
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the processing of payroll
- Assist the Controller in overseeing company human resource legal compliance
- Assist the Controller in overseeing 3rd party EDI consultant performance and company compliance and legal issues;
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in accounting/finance, industry experience preferred.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to recognize areas for efficiency increases and improvements
- A keen interest in what we do and our industry.
- Extensive accounting, financial reporting and analysis experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
What's on Offer
- Excellent compensation/benefits package
- Christmas to New Year shut down
- Summer Fridays
- Cellphone and MacBook provided to enable you to work flexible hours, with the opportunity to work from home at your convenience.