You are here
- Real Estate Investment Company expontentially growing Accounting Team
- Work directly with/for the CFO, with exceptional Senior Leadership exposure
About Our Client
Nationally recognized commercial and industrial REIT that specializes in the acquisition, development and management of commercial and industrial real estate across the country. This company manages over 100 properties across the country with plans to continue to expand its portfolio internationally, working with large, publicly traded, high-profile organizations.
- Manage day-to-day accounting matters, month-end close process.
- Maintain and improve processes and timing of monthly close, analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks and ensure compliance with SOX
- Develop and review accretion calculations, monthly accruals, monthly and quarterly reporting and cash projections.
- Collaborate with operations to identify when hold/disposition assumptions have changed and accretion adjustments are required
- Review and understand deal documents, including partnership agreements, joint venture operating agreements and loan agreements
- Review and monitor consolidation/elimination entries are complete and accurate
- Mentor and train the Investment Accounting Senior and Staff, including the development and maintenance of accounting procedures manual
- Assist with new accounting system implementation
- Maintain and update the preparation of the company's annual budget, monitor operating results and update forecasts; provide ad hoc reporting to management
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
The Successful Applicant
- 4 years of progressive accounting experience with minimum 1 year in public accounting or property accounting
- CPA preferred
- Real estate/REIT or financial services industry experience a must.
- MRI experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong analytical, operational, organizational and interpersonal aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What's on Offer
- 401k match
- excellent compensation package
- Ability to grow an accounting team from the ground-up
- Opportunity to be mentored by CFO with excellent tenure and background