You are here
Advertising agency is seeking a Senior Accountant
Opportunity to report directly in the Controller
About Our Client
One of the world's most well-known agencies is looking for a motivated accountant to step into a Senior Accountant role and report directly into the Controller. Role will sit in New York City office.
- Prepare and record journal entries and accruals.
- Perform detailed analyses of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts with the ability to identify items for accrual and investigate variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Treasury operations including wire transfers, stop payments, check voids, cash application, treasury settlements, and bank sweeps.
- Maintain ownership of the intercompany reporting process including the reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies on a routine and proactive basis.
- Works with Client Finance Department to coordinate intercompany billings in time for monthly billing deadlines.
- Involvement in monthly review and analysis of A/P, A/R, & WIP Aging and preparation of Media Payables schedule.
- Assist the controller in preparing Budgets and Quarterly Reforecasts.
- Prepares Quarterly State Sales & Use Tax Returns.
- Prepares detailed Quarterly analysis of movements in Balance Sheet Accounts for reporting to WWHQ.
- Delivers work in a timely and efficient manner helping to ensure adherence to established reporting deadlines.
- Provides support to the finance team and other internal and external parties on an as needed basis.
- Performs Ad Hoc Analyses, Projects, and Reports upon request.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited university.
- 2+ years prior work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong Communication Skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self Starter who is both interested and willing to take on an expanded role over time.
- Prior experience in the advertising and communications industry is preferred but not required.
- Ideal candidates will be interested in pursuing or already in pursuit of the CPA designation.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience