You are here
Great opportunity to join a well established company.
A chance to take the next step in your career.
About Our Client
Our client located in Irvine, CA is a will know fashion retail company.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Accountant position will be able to perform the following job duties:
- Responsible for preparing journal entries, general ledger analysis, account reconciliation, financial statement preparation, and month / quarter / year-end closes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Support and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Understands the functional aspects and data management tools of SAP necessary to operate at all levels within area of responsibility.
- Assist with various special projects such as ad hoc financial reporting functions, cash flow reports, P&L variance and balance sheet analysis.
- Participates in the annual budget preparation by analyzing trends and projecting figures for OPEX departments.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly variance reports to show actual/re-forecast versus budgeted figures for management review.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting schedules for the Company's quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Reviews current accounting policies and procedures to ensure current methods conform to company standards. Take appropriate action by participating in documenting current methods into policies and procedures when necessary
- Coordinates and provides all external audit related queries to adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Accounting staff members.
- Reviews and approves transactions prepared by other Accounting staff members including staff and accounting clerks.
- Assist with ABL-related requirements, management of cash flow and with the administration and analysis programs such as insurance and foreign currency purchases.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure financial statements are processed accurately.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Proficient at tracking budget expenses, analyzing detailed Information, broad accounting knowledge and focus on vendor relationships.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Senior Accountant position will have the following skills and abilities:
- Applicant must have complete knowledge of all accounting processes
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Ability to interact with variety of personnel.
- Excellent organization & prioritization skills are a must.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills. Display leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy & timeliness.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
The right candidate will also meet the following education and training requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Experience with ABL requirements is a plus
- Familiarity with SOX and systems of internal control.
- Advanced Excel skill and experience with SAP is a plus
- Experience working in accounting / finance with a public company with revenue greater than $250 million is a plus
- Experience in public accounting or CPA is a plus
What's on Offer
$75,000 to $95,000