You are here
Leading Organization Seeks Senior Accountant - Public/Private Mix
Due to Recent Growth, Urgent Need for a Senior Accountant!
About Our Client
Our client, based in Stamford, CT, is a well-known organization leading the financial services industry as an innovative, strategic, and fast-pace entity. Constantly ranked as a Forbes Top 50 Company in the United States, our client has established a successful method in their industry, as well as developing a welcoming culture. Additionally, the firm is known to promote internal mobility based on strong work ethic and merit.
Due to recent growth, the Finance department is now seeking a Senior Accountant to cover multiple accounting and SEC reporting functions.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for multiple functions, including constant partnership with senior management and C-level members of the firm. Specifically, the following responsibilities will be found in this role:
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility. Activities performed include preparation of accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, management reports and other financial analysis as required.
- Complete and / or oversee the monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts; follow up and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
- Draft all SEC filings including quarterly Form 10-Qs, Annual 10-Ks and periodic reports
- Stay abreast with key financial reporting and disclosure developments
- Test key internal controls to aid in the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort
- Provide support for internal and external audits and complete and maintain process documentation to ensure SOX compliance for functional area of responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal fit for the Senior Accountant will comprise of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Econ, Mathematics, Etc.
- CPA (or in-progress) preferred but not mandatory
- 1-3 years of Public Accounting experience (Big 4)
- 1-3 years of SEC reporting function experience
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting functions
- Ability to multi-task, communicate with senior management, and utilize excellent interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a well-known and stable organization that is rapidly expanding their Finance group. Solid work/life balance and a competitive compensation package.