You are here
New York CPG company based in Manhatten looking for Senior Accountant
New York,Manhattan,CPG,Consumer Goods,Senior Accountant,Publically Traded
About Our Client
Publicly traded international company with newly expanded offices in Manhattan, specializing in athletic apparel, both through retail and E-commerce.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Coaching and appraising performance.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 4 year's experience.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other Pinkerton employees.
Ability to function as a team player
What's on Offer
- Competitive starting salary rate
- Health Welfare Program (Medical/Dental Insurance)
- 401 K Plan (with a company match)
- AD&D & Life Insurance
- EAP Program
- Paid vacation time
- Discounted gym membership through Equinox