You are here
New York based athletic apparel company looking for Senior Accountant
New York,CPG,Consumer Goods,Senior Accountant
About Our Client
New York based company specializing in Footwear, occupying both retail space as well as an E-commerce presence. Offices are bright and spacious, promoting teamwork and collaboration across departments. Company has consistent YOY Growth, and shows no signs of slowing. Looking to build their team with the best and brightest that want to build the business to new heights!
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Coaching and appraising performance.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 4 years' experience.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other Pinkerton employees.
- Ability to function as a team player.
What's on Offer
401K plan, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, gym membership discounts and discounts on company products, generous vacation and calendar holidays, plenty of company sponsored events