You are here
About Our Client
It's a well known Foundation, located in Downtown Manhattan.
- Provide support for expense initiative projects; communicate recognized opportunities for organization cost savings to management.
- Provide support for accounts payable system implementation.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of accounts payable, expense, and reporting processes; provide recommendations for improvements and implement as appropriate.
- Review invoice and payment coding for alignment with budget.
- Review travel expense reports of key employees; provide Travel and Expense training sessions to staff.
- Insure that Policies and Procedures regarding expense processing are followed; this includes, but is not limited to, the proper authorization and documentation of expenses.
- Aid in the formation and implementation of new organization-wide policies and procedures regarding expenses.
- Orchestrate year-end Accrual Process; provide Accrual Process training sessions to staff; ensure invoices are properly applied against accrual.
- Responsible for Retail and Publications Inventory accounting including release of works-in-process, reconciliation of inventory software to general ledger and slow-moving analysis; assist with year-end physical count and cut-off procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports to Retail Buyers regarding purchases; discuss discrepancies and exceptions as necessary.
- Account for publication consignment sales; analyze and schedule sales, enter sales into retail software, reconcile accounts receivable.
- Compile monthly Retail and Publications financial reporting including detailed analysis of distributed materials processing.
- Support Budget Team and other staff regarding expense questions and issues related to Monthly Managerial Reports
- Provide Board Report and Budget Team support as required.
- Communicate significant issues with senior staff and other departments as necessary.
- Compile Director's quarterly expense reporting for Audit Committee review.
- Responsible for the accounting of Accrued Expenses.
- Play a significant role in year-end audit.
- Manage Accounts Payable balance determining payment priorities, timing, and needs.
- Other related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or the equivalent. CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with public accounting; candidates with additional 1 years' experience in private accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience with financial systems accounting and investments; Great Plains and Management Reporter accounting software is preferable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work with all levels of staff, other departments and as a team player
What's on Offer
Attractive hourly rate and this is a temp-perm opportunity.