You are here
A chance to work for a well known brand!
An opportunity to advance in your accounting career!
About Our Client
My client located in Downey, CA has created an established brand that has continued to grow steadily throughout the past 20 years.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Accountant position will be able to perform the following duties:
- Analyze JDE monthly integrity report and correct the irregularities to ensure integrity of ERP system and accounting information.
- Perform monthly closing activities in adherence to the monthly closing checklist.
- Prepare monthly financial review packages in cooperation with Controller.
- Participate in monthly financial review process and conduct follow-up analysis of variances identified.
- Reconcile key bank accounts.
- Reconcile and maintain inter-company accounts including transfers, dividends, and payments to and from affiliated entities.
- Reconcile retail stores to the corporate account transfers.
- Train staff accountants on prepaid & amortization schedules and review their works.
- Reconcile Fixed Assets & Construction in Progress.
- Maintain fixed asset register & prepare monthly depreciation entry working with staff accountants.
- Annual Financial Audit & Review - Assist Controller in preparation of audit and review work documents and schedules.
- Compliance - Assist Controller in the completion of various tax returns, filings, registrations, property taxes, etc.
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Senior Accountant position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in general accounting, which includes monthly closing process.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and familiar with internal control system and procedures.
- Experience with bank reconciliation and cash accounts.
- Experience maintaining various balance sheet items such as prepaid accounts, accrual accounts, and deferred asset and liabilities.
- Experience with fixed assets.
- Advanced Excel skills and attention to detail.
What's on Offer
$75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.