You are here
Major media group based in New York
Seeking CPA qualified accountant
About Our Client
Our client is a global digital media brand HQ'd in Lower Manhattan. They have offices across the globe including in: London, Sydney, Montreal, Prue, Manila, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Seattle. Their global headquarters in Manhattan is easily accessible from any of the 5 boroughs, Long Island or suburban New Jersey.
- Preparation and maintenance of all account reconciliations and general ledger support for all non-advertising revenue streams.
- Record and manage all general ledger transactions related to non-advertising revenue streams.
- Maintain reporting for deferred and unbilled revenue accounts.
- Prepare calculations and reconciliations for vendor contracts related to direct costs.
- Assist in the tracking of related customer and vendor contracts.
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Accounting, CPA a plus
- 3-5 years related experience with a mix of public accounting and corporate accounting experience, preferably with digital media companies
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standards for US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Experience with financial accounting systems (i.e., NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Exposure and experience in Sarbanes Oxley a plus
What's on Offer
Salary based on experience