You are here
Senior Accountant role in a top well-known and fast paced "start-up"!
Perfect opportunity to put your problem solving skills to the test!
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the most well-known "start-ups" in the marketplace as a manufacturer and retailer of organic durables and cosmetics. The environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, and is condusive to helping employees grow their careers in new and exciting ways.
- Prepare journal entries and other accounting transactions, maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure that financial statements are GAAP compliant
- Play an active role in month-end close process and perform account reconciliations
- Prepare supporting analysis of significant estimates and assess reasonableness of assumptions used in estimates and other complex GAAP transactions
- Investigate and analyze budget to actual and analytic metric variances
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Interface with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis
- Prepare deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements, and/or requests for information from all business functions
- Compile reports for the quarterly reviews, annual audit, tax return preparation or other audits
- Assist with ad hoc analysis or analytics as needed
- Assist with inventory control for costing and counting procedures
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (accounting, business, or finance major preferred)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques
- Proficiency with Excel formulas and pivot tables
- Experience with top tier ERP and related reporting applications
What's on Offer
- Comprehensive benefits & healthcare plan
- Competitive salary