You are here
Senior Accounting Manager
- Large Consumer Goods Company Located in Downtown Manhattan
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ Years of Experience Required, CPA Preferred
About Our Client
A contemporary electronics company is seeking a Senior Manager of Accounting to sit under the Controller and VP of Finance. This business prides themselves on manufacturing the highest quality juicers currently on the market today, and maintains shelf-space in major retail locations nationwide. With the trend of healthy living and eating on the rise in recent years, this organization has seen double digit growth year over year, and it is a very exciting time to jump on board!
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
- Manage credit risk by monitoring the credit worthiness of new and existing customers, enforce existing payment terms, and insure that credit terms granted are approved and in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; with a concentration in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong Excel skills and experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP accounting software.
- CPA Preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
What's on Offer
The position comes with a generous healthcare package and matched contribution to a 401k plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, a large, open office, dynamic atmosphere, and casual dress. Standard vacation days excluding national holidays. Days are accrued over time employed.