You are here
Senior AML Analyst
Opportunity to join a growing financial services firm
Excellent position with a diverse range of duties
About Our Client
The company is one of the biggest savings and loan banks in the US, with an excellent reputation. They are currently looking to continue the success they have had and continue to grow both organically and via acquisition of other financial institutions.
The successful Senior AML Analyst will:
- Assists the Bank Secrecy/OFAC Officer and the Director, Financial Intelligence Unit with maintaining certain aspects of the Bank's BSA/AML compliance program and assists in meeting and maintaining BSA/AML compliance requirements of the Bank.
- Complies with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to the Bank's policies and procedures to reduce loss/risk to the Bank.
- Review and investigate cases and alerts on the Bank's Transaction Monitoring & Case Management System.
- Handle complex investigations and investigate potentially suspicious activity.
- Assist Management in the completion and tracking of various Quality Control functions in the BSA Department.
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in a timely manner and in accordance with FinCEN's guidance and regulations
- Handle complex investigations and investigate suspected cases of activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, drug trafficking, tax evasion, and OFAC related violations.
- Review / investigate cases / alerts originating from the Bank's Transaction Monitoring & Case Management System, 90-Day Reviews, Branch Referrals, 314(a) and 314(b) requests and Subpoenas.
- Detailed transaction analysis experience for all customer types. Assist Management in the completion and tracking of various Quality Control functions in the BSA Department
The Successful Applicant
The Senior AML Analyst should have the following experience: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four year Bachelor's degree preferably with a background in research, business, accounting or criminal justice. 4-5 years work experience in banking & the BSA/AML field. Familiar with navigating banking systems, teller transactions and accessing customer transaction histories. CAMS designation preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Advanced PC Skills including MS Word, Excel, Internet research, World-Check research, and email. Knowledge of BSA, and USA PATRIOT Act regulations. Experience with performing transaction analysis, case and alert investigations and suspicious activity reporting. Highly developed analytical skills. Excellent writing skills. Ability to manage multiple projects. Strong written and oral communication skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Benefits