You are here
Senior Buyer - Services and Capital Equipment
- Opening at one of the world's largest electricity and gas companies
- Chance to grow and develop professionally with an established organization
About Our Client
One of the largest electricity and gas companies in the world.
The Senior Buyer will lead negotiations and provide support to the business in an effort to achieve the ideal balance of quality and cost. Utilizing structured sourcing processes, the Senior Buyer drives sourcing evaluations and seeks creative opportunities for strategic partnerships that enable growth and seamless business continuity. This position provides technical direction, advice, and counsel on a wide array of procurement processes and issues. The Senior Buyer is a key connector between departments and helps ensure that decisions made by one department are balanced with the impact to other departments.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in Procurement with experience in supplier relationship management.
- Ability to take on responsibility and step up to a Manager level soon after joining.
- Functional understanding, awareness and application of negotiations, Supply Chain, sourcing, contracts and supplier management principles.
- Ability to develop and execute procurement strategies with suppliers including on-going negotiations, pricing, key supply chain metrics improvement and day-to-day support of efficient supply chain operations.
- Strong analytical and research skills to evaluate complex procurement data.
- Understanding of problem solving and knowledge of root cause analysis tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven conflict resolution, negotiation and influence skills with strong relationship building skills.
- Strong systems acumen (SAP/Oracle, Business Intelligence, Microsoft Suite [Excel, PowerPoint], etc.)
- Exceptional time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Superior customer service and adaptability to changing requirements.
- CPM/CPSM and/or Six Sigma certifications preferred.
What's on Offer
Great benefits package starting on day 1
Work life balance culture
High visibility role with opportunity for growth promotion to Manager role in 18 months