You are here
- Excellent opportunity to join an organization with a changing & dynamic culture
- Handle the purchasing of materials for within an aerospace industry
About Our Client
With nearly 200 branches and major regional distribution centers and over 35 years in the business, we are one of North America's largest industrial distributors. We provide a wide range of products and systems related to bearings, mechanical and electrical power transmission, automation & control, material handling, and fluid power for the MRO and OEM markets.
- Coordinate subcontract and special processes in support of product requirements. Develop material requirements from engineering drawings. Schedule and plan requirements according to management, financial, engineering, quality and schedule objectives. Prepare requests for quotations.
- Negotiate pricing and award purchase orders.
- Update material status and coordinate items that are critical or high visibility to the company.
- Maintain liaison between suppliers and value streams to assure continuing support of company, customer and supplier objectives. Develop effective relationships with suppliers.
- Assist in the development of new suppliers, processes, materials, and services, as appropriate to business/product requirements.
- Assist in the training, instruction and oversight of expeditors, clerks and shipping and receiving personnel, as required.
- Generate spreadsheets, reports and presentations. Maintain files, procurement documents and supplier agreements.
- Devise new methods; modify and adapt standard procedures to meet new conditions; ensure adherence to company practices and policies.
- Perform assessments of supplier capabilities, equipment and quality systems.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements to work processes and procedures. Contribute to 5S programs in work area.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Accomplish related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Blueprint reading
- Communication (speaking, questioning, listening)
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- PC skills
- Problem solving
- Results oriented
- Team oriented
- Time management
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this role please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role is targeting a salary of $75,000-$90,000 plus competitive bonus, commensurate with candidate experience.