You are here
USD70,000 - USD75,000
One of the world's fastest growing and innovative chemical companies
Leading supplier of specialty chemical products
About Our Client
Fast growing and innovative chemical company.
- Act as a strategic advisor to internal technical customers to facilitate contract negotiation and awards for capital and service requirements.
- Participate at an early stage in project planning sessions to thoroughly understand project requirements, technical background information and sourcing support needs.
- Work individually and with teams to develop business and commercial requirements, statements of work, specifications, procurement objectives, sourcing criteria, market and vendor evaluations, proposal evaluation criteria and models, and purchase recommendations for equipment and services.
- Manage designated supplier relationships.
- Conduct competitive bids using best practices which result in the purchase of equipment and services from the best evaluated supplier derived from the bid evaluation.
- Monitor supplier adherence to timing and cost objective, and ensure compliance with Purchase Orders and Agreements
- Negotiate commercial and business terms and conditions for capital projects, services, purchases, and related contracts under general supervision.
- Work with Engineering to create RFP's (Requests for Proposals), proposal evaluation criteria, review supplier proposals, sourcing strategies, and purchase orders.
- Meet key performance metrics such as time savings and avoidances.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- 4-6 years of sourcing/purchasing/supply chain experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment
- Five years' experience with capital equipment purchasing and supplier contract management.
- Project management skills preferred
- SAP Exposure
What's on Offer
$$70,000 - 75,000/year plus full benefits