You are here
Senior Corporate Accountant
Global Supplier Of Premium Ingredients To The Food Industry
Great Culture And Benefits, Be Apart Of A Dynamic Team!!
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider CPG firm principally supporting the food and restaurant supply industry. They have experienced amazing growth in the last 5 years and are well set to continue that growth through 2017 and beyond.
The employees with our client are encouraged to grow professionally and constantly look to add value in all aspects of their roles. Growth and development are an integral part of the company's recent success. Most people who jump on board tend to stay for the long haul!
Work-life balance and personal growth are also a huge part of our client's culture. The expectation is to work hard during the day and take the time afterwards to devote to your life and passions. They have seen this truly makes for a more skillful and devoted team!
Originally a home grown workforce, our client is looking to expand and bring in professionals who can add their experience and best practices to the team.
- Assume ownership of accounting data, revenue recognition, costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for all entities.
- Develop and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure fixed assets, depreciation journals and project accounting is accurately recorded for both GAAP and tax reporting.
- Develop and document internal controls and separation of duties and ensure they are being followed throughout the accounting department. Provide feedback of any corrective actions as necessary.
- Close the month in the general ledger.
- Prepare financial statements and supplemental reports and analyses.
- Develop and document process for ensuring all balance sheet accounts are supported by detailed analysis and reconciliations. Work individually and with others in the accounting department to analyze and reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Work with external accountants on tax compliance, strategies and execution to ensure tax filings are completely timely and accurately.
- Complete various other projects and analyses with documentation and recommendations as required.
- Supervise accounting clerks.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related business discipline or 5 or more years of related experience
- Accounting degree/ CPA or CMA a plus
- 8+ years of related manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Accounting policies and Corporate Accounting procedures
- Experience with Multi state sales, use and Income taxes
- Ability to adapt to new programs and processes
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Detail oriented
- Must be tech savvy and a quick learner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, e-mail.
What's on Offer
Our client has a growing professional environment. We've had nothing but positive feedback from the previous candidates we've placed there!
The offer is $65,000 - $80,000 with fantastic benefits.